Motorola And Verizon Introduce Next-Generation DROID XYBOARD 4G LTE Tablets
Motorola Mobility, Inc. and Verizon Wireless today introduced two new additions to the DROID family to deliver new and unparalleled experiences on America's fastest, most reliable 4G network, the DROID XYBOARD tablets. The two new DROID tablets present new options for consumers looking to stay connected, productive and entertained.
Motorola DROID XYBOARD
The new DROID XYBOARD tablets both boast the blazing speeds of Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network and the power of dual-core 1.2 GHz processors, 1 GB of RAM and MotoCast™ for remote access to non DRM-protected music, pictures, videos and documents stored on work or home computers' hard drives. Both are equipped with scratch-resistant displays that use Corning® Gorilla® Glass to stay brilliant and a coating of water-repellent nanoparticles makes them resistant to accidental spills and splashes.
Lighter than a paperback book and thinner than an AAA battery, the DROID XYBOARD tablets feature Android™ 3.2 Honeycomb, brilliant high-definition displays with wide viewing angles, magnesium-reinforced bodies with aluminum housing and super portable form-factors. Both tablets offer robust Business Ready features, including enterprise-grade security and apps such as Quickoffice HD® for document editing and creation, Citrix® GoToMeeting™ for productivity and collaboration and Google Talk™ for video conferencing.
Customers will receive $100 off a DROID XYBOARD tablet and $50 off select Motorola accessories for a limited time when a customer purchases a DROID RAZR by Motorola with a new two-year customer agreement.
The DROID XYBOARD 10.1 is optimized for productivity with stylus support for easy notetaking and markup using a precision tip stylus, included in the box. The XYBOARD 8.2 is perfect for portable entertainment with 2.1 adaptive virtual surround sound and a high-definition display for enjoying Netflix™ movies in up to HD quality, concert-like music and serious gaming. Powered by the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and 8.2 customers can soar through the Web at blazing speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps within 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas.
Additional Features For Droid Xyboard Tablets
- 10.1-inch and 8.2-inch high-definition In-Plane Switching (IPS) display for DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and DROID XYBOARD 8.2 respectively
- Mobile Hotspot Capability – share 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 5-megapixel rear-facing HD cameras with digital zoom, autofocus and LED flash, optimized for capturing the moment
- 1.3-megapixel HD front-facing cameras perfect for video chatting with friends and family
- Dijit™ app allows DROID XYBOARD tablets to double as a universal remote control with an electronic programming guide for TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, digital video records (DVR), and most other consumer electronics
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to millions of books from Google Books™
- Supports a wide array of separately purchased accessories including an HD station for connecting to speakers and a larger screen, an HD dock to send content via HDMI out to HDTVs and home theater speaker systems and a stylish portfolio with Bluetooth®-enabled keyboard and mouse
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Both DROID XYBOARD tablets will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com this month.
- The DROID XYBOARD 10.1 will be available in three models: 16 GB for $529.99, 32 GB for $629.99 and 64 GB for $729.99 all with a new two-year customer agreement.
- The DROID XYBOARD 8.2 will be available in two models: 16 GB for $429.99 and 32 GB for $529.99 both with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers that purchase a DROID XYBOARD tablet will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband data plan starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
- Dec 4, 2014
Acer Iconia Talk S 7-Inch Dual-SIM Tablet Features 4G LTEAcer today announced the launch of the latest addition to its Iconia tablet family: the Iconia Talk S. Acer today announced the launch of the latest addition to its Iconia tablet family: the Iconia Talk S. It is the very first tablet presented by Acer to support 4G LTE connectivity...
- Feb 28, 2011
Motorola To Launch XOOM Tablet With Wi-Fi Through KDDI In JapanMotorola Mobility, Inc. today announced the intention to bring Motorola XOOM™ with Wi-Fi® through KDDI in Japan. Motorola XOOM is a very exciting product with cutting-edge technology and we are confident that the Japanese market will welcome the debut of Motorola XOOM.”..
- Feb 28, 2011
Motorola And Deutsche Telekom Introduce Motorola XOOM In GermanyMotorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. today announced Motorola XOOM™ to be available with Deutsche Telekom in Germany in Q2 2011. Motorola XOOM provides users with diverse media experiences thanks to its dual cameras, true multi-tasking functionality, latest Google™ Mobile innovations, 1GHz dual-core processor and 10.1-inch (25.65 cm) widescreen HD display, the Motorola XOOM provides users with diverse content-consumption capabilities...
- Feb 22, 2011
Motorola Xoom Tablet To Be Available On The Verizon On Feb. 24Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc., today announced the Feb. The first device to run Google's new Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system, the Motorola XOOM will be available for purchase from Verizon Wireless for $599.99 with a new two-year customer agreement or $799.99 without a contract...
- Jan 5, 2011
Motorola Launches XOOM: The First True Android TabletToday Motorola Mobility, Inc., announced a diverse range of powerful mobile devices, from the first tablet running Android 3. “Motorola is bringing new, game-changing technologies to the marketplace that will enable consumers to do more with their mobile devices,” said Sanjay Jha, chairman and chief executive officer, Motorola Mobility...