New Amazon Fire HD: The Most Powerful Tablet Under $100
Amazon today introduced the new Fire HD, featuring a quad-core processor, front and rear-facing cameras, an HD display, incredible reliability, and a world-class ecosystem of exclusive features, services, and content. The new Fire HD tablets are available in two sizes—6” for $99 and 7” for $139—and five color choices: black, white, cobalt, magenta, and citron.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD
“Fire HD is the most powerful tablet under $100,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “The new Fire HD features a stunning HD display, quad-core processor, Dolby Digital Audio, front and rear-facing cameras, incredible reliability, and Amazon’s unmatched content ecosystem—all supported by Amazon customer service.”
Fire HD delivers a world-class entertainment experience—with over 33 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, and Android apps and games, as well as exclusive features like X-Ray, ASAP, Second Screen, and Amazon FreeTime, Fire HD is great for watching movies, playing games, reading books, listening to music, and more.
Fire HD Features
- High-definition display—Crisp and vivid with over 1 million pixels (252 ppi for 6”, 216 ppi for 7”), now brighter than the previous generation Kindle Fire HD, with vibrant colors and whiter whites.
- Ultrafast quad-core processor—Running at up to 1.5 GHz, the quad-core processor has 3x the graphics performance of the Samsung Tab 4—Fire HD can run even the most graphically intensive games.
- Front and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the front facing camera; take photos or capture videos in 1080p full HD with the rear-facing camera, with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on new Fire devices.
- Pocketable design—Small and portable so it fits in a pocket or purse and is easy to hold with one hand.
- Incredible reliability—With a Gorilla Glass display and a design that is engineered for best-in-class reliability, you don’t have to worry about Fire HD breaking. Many other tablets cut corners on reliability—in lab testing they are anywhere from 2x to 20x more likely than Fire HD to break if dropped. Even the iPad mini is 2x more likely to break.
- Five fun colors—Fire HD is available in black, white, cobalt, magenta, and citron.
- Profiles give everyone a personalized experience—With Profiles, each family member gets their own profile, including individual email, Facebook and Twitter accounts, page in the book, spot in a movie, and game levels.
- Family Library—Never again worry about whose account has the Prime membership or who bought that book you want to read. Family Library links your Amazon account to that of your spouse or partner so you can easily share apps, games, audiobooks, books, and Prime Instant Video content within your household without changing accounts. Family Library lets families share their content while using a single Fire tablet with different profiles, or also across multiple devices, including Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire phone, and Amazon Fire TV, as well as on all of the other most popular devices and platforms with the free Kindle, Audible, and Amazon Instant Video apps. Family Library will be coming soon as part of a free, over-the-air software update.
- ASAP (Advanced Streaming and Prediction)—Customers loved it on Amazon Fire TV, so now available on tablets by popular demand, ASAP predicts which movies and TV episodes you’ll want to watch and prepares them for instant playback before you even hit play, so they start instantly.
- Amazon-exclusive features—X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Prime Instant Video Downloads, and more.
- Dolby Digital Plus Audio—The standard in high-end audio. Fire HD delivers crisp and clear sound without distortion.
- All-day battery life—Delivers up to 8 hours of reading, listening to music, watching video, and browsing the web.
- Stay connected and productive—Fast web browsing, email and calendar support, plus a new pre-loaded WPS Office app lets you create, edit, and view Office documents.
- World’s best content ecosystem—Over 33 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, and Android apps and games—including Facebook, Netflix, iHeartRadio, Twitter, Angry Birds Stella, Minecraft: Pocket Edition, and more—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
Available in 6” or 7” and in five fun color choices, the new Fire HD is powerful and portable—vivid HD display with over 1 million pixels, fast quad-core processor, incredibly reliable design, front and rear-facing cameras, Dolby Digital Audio, and more
Also available for the Fire HD are new accessories, including a new protective cover that is available in six colors and can stand in both portrait and landscape orientations, as well as a series of adapters that allow you to connect Fire HD to an HDTV, monitor, or mass storage device via HDMI, VGA or USB.
Pricing And Availability
The new Fire HD is available for pre-order starting today for $99 for 6” and $139 for 7” and will begin shipping in October.
- Sep 17, 2014
Amazon Fire HD Kids Edition Features 2-Year Worry-Free GuaranteeAmazon today introduced Fire HD Kids Edition, the first tablet built from the ground up for kids (and their parents). Fire HD Kids Edition includes a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the first-ever all-in-one subscription that brings together all the content that kids and parents love—books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games...
- Sep 17, 2014
Amazon Introduces Kindle Voyage And Updates KindleAmazon today introduced the 7th generation of Kindle: Kindle Voyage, our most advanced e-reader ever, and the new $79 Kindle, with a 20% faster processor, twice the storage, and now with a touch interface. Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle Voyage include all of the features that have made the Kindle family the best-selling e-reader in the world for seven years running:..
- Sep 25, 2013
Amazon Introduces Kindle Fire HDXAmazon today introduced the third generation of Kindle Fire—the all-new Kindle Fire HDX. New HDX display goes beyond HD—exceptional pixel density, perfect 100% sRGB color accuracy, reduced glare, dynamic image contrast, and improved brightness for the best viewing experience indoors or out..
- Sep 25, 2013
The New $139 Kindle Fire HD To Begin Shipping On October 2Two years ago, Amazon revolutionized the tablet industry with the $199 Kindle Fire. In addition to the new Kindle Fire HD, Amazon also today introduced the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets—to learn more about these new tablets and many of the features listed above, visit www.amazon.com/kindle-pr...
- Sep 4, 2013
The All-New Kindle Paperwhite Starts Shipping September 30Today, Amazon announced that the world’s best-selling e-reader—Kindle Paperwhite—is getting even better. World’s best-selling e-reader now even better—new display technology with higher contrast, next generation built-in light, faster processor, plus all-new reading features like Kindle Page Flip, Goodreads, Kindle FreeTime, Smart Lookup, Vocabulary Builder, and more..