The All-New Kindle Paperwhite Starts Shipping September 30
Today, Amazon announced that the world’s best-selling e-reader—Kindle Paperwhite—is getting even better. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle Paperwhite is available for pre-order starting today.
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
“Kindle is the best-selling e-reader in the world for six years running,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “No one is investing on behalf of readers or pushing the boundaries of hardware, software and content for readers like this team: the new Kindle Paperwhite has brand-new display technology, the next generation of our built-in light, a faster processor, plus all of the exclusive benefits of the Kindle ecosystem like Kindle MatchBook, Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, over 400,000 exclusive titles, Goodreads, Kindle Singles, Kindle Worlds, Kindle FreeTime, and much more.”
Kindle Paperwhite combines the best hardware, massive selection, lowest book prices, best reading features, best customer service, personalized recommendations, customer reviews, and more—into one seamlessly integrated service for customers. This is the reason Kindle owners read four times as many books—print and eBooks—as they do prior to owning a Kindle.
Here’s what makes the all-new Kindle Paperwhite better than ever:
- New display technology with higher contrast—Kindle Paperwhite’s display is the most advanced e-reader display ever constructed. Higher contrast and better reflectivity means whites are whiter and blacks are blacker, so the pages are virtually indistinguishable from a physical book. You won’t find this level of contrast with any other e-reader display.
- Next generation built-in light—Guides light toward the surface of the display so you can read comfortably without eyestrain.
- New, 25% faster processor—Books open and pages turn faster for a seamless reading experience.
- New touch technology—19% tighter touch grid makes Kindle Paperwhite respond even more accurately to the smallest touches.
- New Kindle Page Flip—Skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or skip to the end of your book, all without losing your place. For example, it’s now easy to quickly flip back and forth to that map of Beyond the Wall in A Dance With Dragons. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/kindle-page-flip.
- New Goodreads Integration—Combines the world’s largest e-reading community and the world’s largest community of book lovers. Join over 20 million other readers and see what your friends are reading, share highlights, and rate the books you read with Goodreads on Kindle, available exclusively from Amazon. See screenshots: www.amazon.com/kindle-goodreads.
- New Kindle FreeTime—Built-in parental controls have been extended to give parents a simple, engaging way to encourage kids to spend more time reading. Hand-select books for your kids to read, and hand out achievement badges when they hit reading milestones. A progress report keeps parents updated on total time spent reading, number of words looked up, badges earned and books finished. See screenshots: www.amazon.com/new-kindle-freetime.
- New Vocabulary Builder—Compiles words you look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list. Use these lists to quiz yourself with flashcards and instantly see words in context. See screenshots: www.amazon.com/kindle-vocabulary.
- New Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information about a word, character, topic or book via X-Ray and Wikipedia. For example, using an ordinary dictionary to look up “credit default swaps” in Michael Lewis’ The Big Short would give the individual definitions of “credit,” “default” and “swaps.” Smart Lookup recognizes this is an important topic and phrase in the book, and gives you the correct definition of “credit default swaps” via X-Ray. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/kindle-lookup.
- New In-line Footnotes—With a single tap, read the complete text of each footnote in-line without changing the page or losing your place in the book. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/kindle-footnotes.
- New Kindle MatchBook—New benefit lets customers purchase Kindle editions of print books purchased from Amazon—past, present and future—for $2.99 or less.
World’s best-selling e-reader now even better—new display technology with higher contrast, next generation built-in light, faster processor, plus all-new reading features like Kindle Page Flip, Goodreads, Kindle FreeTime, Smart Lookup, Vocabulary Builder, and more
The Goodreads and FreeTime features will be delivered later this year as part of a free software update.
Kindle Paperwhite still includes all of the features that helped make Kindle the best-selling e-reader in the world for six years running:
- Reads like real paper—No-glare display for perfect reading, even in bright sunlight.
- 8 weeks of battery life—Read for weeks, not hours, on a single charge.
- Weighs just 7.3 ounces—Hold comfortably in one hand for long reading sessions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and free 3G—Think of a book and be reading it in under 60 seconds.
- Massive selection—Millions of books, newspapers and magazines, including the latest best sellers, Kindle Singles, and more.
- Kindle exclusives—Over 400,000 books are exclusive to the Kindle Store.
- Lowest book prices—Over a million titles are $4.99 or less, over 1.7 million are $9.99 or less.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library—Prime members who own a Kindle can choose from hundreds of thousands of books to borrow for free, as frequently as a book a month, with no waiting and no due dates.
- Carry over a thousand books—Never leave a favorite book behind.
- No setup required—Kindle arrives pre-registered so you can start reading immediately.
- Whispersync—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations across all of your devices, so you can always pick up where you left off.
- Worry-Free Archive—Automatically backs up your Kindle books in the cloud, so you never need to worry about losing your books—re-download your books wirelessly anytime for free.
- X-Ray—Explore the “bones of a book”—see all of the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places or topics of interest.
- Time to Read—Tells you how much time it will take to finish a chapter or a book based on your personalized reading speed. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/time-to-read.
- Facebook and Twitter—Share book recommendations, highlighted sections and meaningful quotes with friends.
All of these features combine to make Kindle Paperwhite the best device, and the best service, for reading. Unlike tablets, Paperwhite reads like real paper even in bright sunlight, won’t tire your eyes in the dark, weighs just 7.3 ounces so you can read comfortably with one hand, and has a battery that lasts for weeks, not hours.
The new Kindle Paperwhite is only $119. Kindle Paperwhite is available
for pre-order starting today at www.amazon.com
and begins shipping
- Sep 17, 2014
Amazon Fire HD Kids Edition Features 2-Year Worry-Free GuaranteeAmazon today introduced Fire HD Kids Edition, the first tablet built from the ground up for kids (and their parents). Fire HD Kids Edition includes a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the first-ever all-in-one subscription that brings together all the content that kids and parents love—books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games...
- Sep 17, 2014
New Amazon Fire HD: The Most Powerful Tablet Under $100Amazon today introduced the new Fire HD, featuring a quad-core processor, front and rear-facing cameras, an HD display, incredible reliability, and a world-class ecosystem of exclusive features, services, and content. Available in 6” or 7” and in five fun color choices, the new Fire HD is powerful and portable—vivid HD display with over 1 million pixels, fast quad-core processor, incredibly reliable design, front and rear-facing cameras, Dolby Digital Audio, and more..
- Sep 17, 2014
Amazon Introduces Kindle Voyage And Updates KindleAmazon today introduced the 7th generation of Kindle: Kindle Voyage, our most advanced e-reader ever, and the new $79 Kindle, with a 20% faster processor, twice the storage, and now with a touch interface. Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle Voyage include all of the features that have made the Kindle family the best-selling e-reader in the world for seven years running:..
- Sep 25, 2013
Amazon Introduces Kindle Fire HDXAmazon today introduced the third generation of Kindle Fire—the all-new Kindle Fire HDX. New HDX display goes beyond HD—exceptional pixel density, perfect 100% sRGB color accuracy, reduced glare, dynamic image contrast, and improved brightness for the best viewing experience indoors or out..
- Sep 25, 2013
The New $139 Kindle Fire HD To Begin Shipping On October 2Two years ago, Amazon revolutionized the tablet industry with the $199 Kindle Fire. In addition to the new Kindle Fire HD, Amazon also today introduced the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets—to learn more about these new tablets and many of the features listed above, visit www.amazon.com/kindle-pr...