Samsung Unveils ATIV Q and ATIV Tab 3 Windows 8 Tablets
Samsung unveiled two new tablets today, giving consumers more ways than ever to create, consume and share content and blurring the industry boundaries. The two new windows 8 tablets, the ATIV Q and ATIV Tab 3, include several innovative new features that set them apart from other mobile tablets, including incredibly versatile form factors and extremely thin and light bodies. Both are powered by Windows 8 and bring several unique features to market – including the world’s thinnest tablet and a convertible tablet with the ability to run Android apps
“Busy lives demand convenience, and the convertible nature of these tablets deliver the versatility, mobility and adaptability consumers should expect from personal computing today,” said DJ Lee, President and Head of Sales and Marketing Office, IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “These tablets are the result of people-centric innovation, and they were designed to provide consumers the flexibility to manage their digital lives on their terms whether they are in the office, at home or on the go.”
Samsung ATIV Q
Samsung launches the ATIV Q – a truly convertible device with the ability to change modes and the power to enjoy both Windows and Android. Born of the tablet family, the ATIV Q allows users more flexibility than ever to adapt the device to fit any situation, posture or environment. Built with today’s evolving consumer lifestyles in mind and usable as a notebook or tablet, it delivers on the ATIV promise to make work more seamless and life more convenient.
- Enjoy Android Apps on Windows : Addressing consumers’ desire to access Android apps on a Windows-based PC, the ATIV Q allows users to experience both Windows 8 and Android (Jellybean 4.2.2) on the same device. Users will not only get access to Android apps via Google Play but also be able to transfer files, ro share folders and files from Windows 8 to Android, truly marrying the mobile and PC experiences..
- Versatility to Suit Any Environment or Needs: The ATIV Q sports an innovative hinge design that allows the user to transform the tablet into 4 functional modes. Lay the display flat over the keyboard for tablet mode. Raise the display upright to type just like a laptop. Float and adjust the display to a comfortable viewing angle Or flip the display to place in the stand mode to watch movies with ease. The four-in-one design of the ATIV Q easily adjusts to give users all the options they need in one device. ATIV Q is also extremely thin and lightweight for optimum portability. At 1.29kg and only 13.9mm, it’s easy to take everywhere you go.
- The Ultimate Viewing Experience: The ATIV Q introduces the world’s highest resolution, QHD+ (3200x1800) display. The tablet’s 13.3-inch touch screen offers 2.8 times higher pixel density (275ppi) than full HD displays for viewing the finest of details. ATIV Q is also designed to provide an optimized viewing experience regardless of location and high brightness in outdoor environment.
ATIV Tab 3
A tablet with the power of a PC, the ATIV Tab 3 makes personal computing more mobile than ever. The tablet is the world’s thinnest Windows 8 tablet– as thin as popular smartphones – and shares the premium design of the GALAXY series. It is also ideal for both creativity and productivity with improved S Pen functionality, including high level pen display and S Pen compatibility with MS Office.
- Ultimate Mobility: The ATIV Tab 3 is the perfect device for on-the-go users. The frame is incredibly thin and light at only 8.2 millimeters thick and 550g in weight, making it a perfect companion device for travel as well as transporting between work and home. The ATIV Tab 3 also features up to 10 hours of battery life, eliminating the need to carry a charger for most long-distance flights.
- Full Windows Experience for Work and Play: The ATIV Tab 3 runs Windows 8 with the ability to run Windows app and programs, as well as coming preloaded with Office Home & Student for the best experience whether at home, at work or on go.
Both the ATIV Q and Tab 3 also enable superior productivity with S-Pen functionality, enabling users to easily make written updates to creative and work.
- Apr 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 To Debut In U.S. On April 11Samsung today announces that the Galaxy Note 8.0 is coming to the U. A mid-sized addition to the Galaxy Note family of products, the Galaxy Note 8.0 has the power and advanced technology to enable multi-tasking at home, at work or on the go...
- Feb 27, 2013
4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Now Available on U.S. CellularU.S. Cellular and Samsung Mobile announced the 4G LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Cellular’s innovative line-up of 4G LTE devices that includes the Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Note II and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1...
- Sep 1, 2011
Samsung Announces The Series 7 Slate PCSamsung Electronics America Inc. today announced the Series 7 Slate PC, a lightweight slate computer with full PC capabilities running Windows® 7, at the IFA global consumer electronics tradeshow. “The Samsung Series 7 Slate PC was designed for on-the-go users who need a slim, lightweight computer but can’t afford to sacrifice true PC functionality,” said Scott Ledterman, director of mobile PC marketing at Samsung Enterprise Business Division...
- Jun 2, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Goes RetailSamsung today announced the upcoming retail availability of the Galaxy Tab™ 10. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is preloaded with the full suite of Google Mobile Services including access to more than 60,000 Android Market™ applications for Galaxy Tab 10.1, Gmail™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ 5.0 with 3D maps, and Google Talk™ with video and voice chat...
- Jan 6, 2011
Samsung And Verizon Present First 4G LTE-Enabled Samsung Galaxy TabFrom the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that a 4G LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy Tab™ will be available on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network. The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network...